Systems Engineer (Atlassian)
Isos Technology is a premier Atlassian Platinum and Enterprise Solution Partner for organizations around the world. We are looking to expand our global business presence and provide round the clock support to our customers. Apply now to be part of this amazing company! Sign on bonuses available!
As a Systems Engineer (Atlassian) you are preparing to become the first-line of support for technical questions for Atlassian managed service and support engagements. This will be achieved by working through training exercises, working with client systems and focusing on the following:
- Work with senior team members to acquire the skills needed to support highly available installations of Atlassian Server and Data Center products through both the user interface and system administration. The products include, but are not limited to: Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Bamboo and FishEye/Crucible and Crowd.
- Learn to support existing application deployments, including upgrading and patching often via configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Work in both on premise and Cloud-based environments. May include work with CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Maintain Atlassian tools in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Be able to interact and work with relational databases, including, but not limited to: PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server and Oracle.
- Work with, configure and integrate with authentication / directory services like Active Directory (LDAP), Crowd, OAuth, Okta and SAML.
- Maintain and use version control systems like Git, Subversion and Mercurial.
- Write basic system administration scripts in Bash, PowerShell, Python or Ruby.
- Work with complex networking topologies and concepts.
- Learn to interpret, maintain and augment system and network monitoring system.
- Become familiar with automated security testing platforms in order to audit and securing web-based applications.
- Perform support for end-user activities in the Atlassian tools, such as: create maintain workflows in Jira, work with scripting languages (eg Groovy) to create solutions, author content in Confluence, create build plans in Bamboo, etc.
- Daily communication and coordination with US based resources to ensure a smooth transition of any work in progress
Ongoing Technical Objectives:
As a Systems Engineer (Atlassian) you have the following objectives:
- Become proficient in Linux administration
- Acquire and maintain the required Atlassian certifications in your first calendar year of employment and every subsequent year thereafter. Isos Atlassian Platinum Partnership is dependent on having certified and accredited resources
- Acquire and maintain at least one non-Atlassian professional accreditation or certification in your first calendar year of employment and every subsequent year thereafter. The certification should be relevant to Isos objectives and may include certifications on technologies or methodologies such as: AWS, Certified Scrum Master, Linux, etc. Isos will sponsor the exams, training and study materials to reach this objective.
- Regularly contribute informative and engaging original content to be used in Isos Atlassian Support and Services marketing efforts in the form of white papers, blog posts and social media status updates
- Continue to build on Atlassian administration skills and technical skills to reach the same levels of competency as the Delivery team consultants
To function initially in the role of a Systems Engineer (Atlassian), Isos requires you already have the following demonstrable and verifiable skills:
- Ability to conduct yourself professionally and within Isos values
- Ability to effectively manage time and expectations with internal resources and clients
- Knowledge of computer operations, programming and computer hardware and software
- Knowledge of data processing professional standards
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools as an end user
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (both orally and in writing) for technical and business operations audiences
- Ability to effectively follow design specifications and articulate a viable solution
- Ability to understand structured programming techniques
- Ability to detect, analyze and resolve computer software and network problems
- Ability to interact with internal resources and clients to provide clear and useful instruction and training; or obtain necessary information to correct problems on a timely basis
- Ability to identify and monitor potential operational malfunctions
- Ability to correctly install and maintain computer hardware and software
- Ability to follow verbal and/or written instructions
- Ability to solve programming, hardware and software problems in a logical manner
- Experience and/or expert knowledge of Atlassian Jira and Confluence
- A combination of advanced or end-user knowledge of all other supported Atlassian products
- Experience working in a consulting or customer service role