Isos Technology is looking for an energetic and personable professional to join our team. The right candidate will be a team player who effectively builds relationships both inside and outside the organization. They are dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of our clients and consultants.
The primary focus of the Principal Agilist (PA) is to build upon Isos Technology's success as expert advisors in the Atlassian ecosystem and expand our ability to enable clients to derive maximum value from their scaled agile and Jira Align investments. The PA will have oversight of our Agile engagements to ensure great outcomes for our clients. The PA will take an active role in client engagements and is expected to maintain a billable workload. This role requires solid, practical experience with the techniques and approaches to guide, support and improve Agile teams and organizations.
The PA reports directly to the Director of Agile Services and will collaborate on developing the Agile Services program offerings. The PA will also collaborate intensively across the Isos organization to bring Agile solutions to our new and existing clients.
Duties and Responsibilities
As the Principal Agilist, you are our most senior Agile consulting resource and are expected to be engaged in regular, billable client work. This level of engagement is crucial for not only keeping your consulting and technical skills sharp, but also to understand our services, challenges and ever changing customer needs. As a Consultant, the following duties and responsibilities are required:
- Maintain a billable workload
- Provide oversight and leadership to ensure all Agile engagements are following a preferred Agile engagement model and meeting client expectations
- Conduct yourself with Clients and Teammates consistent with Isos Values and consulting standards
- Engage with clients at a level and rate commiserate with your seniority, effectively delegating low level tasks and work to other team members
- Able to present, teach, mentor, and facilitate at multiple levels of our client organizations particularly in highly ambiguous or tumultuous areas of the organization
- Continuous learning regarding Agile, Scrum, coaching, facilitating, emotional intelligence, team dynamics, active listening for self and team, etc.
- Create and deliver thought leadership initiatives around industry, process, delivery, and technology that establishes Isos Technology as a go-to industry expert
- Develop and maintain a network of Agile consultants/contractors that can be deployed at Isos clients
- Provide leadership and guidance to the ongoing development and team enablement of agile at scale-focused services solutions.
- Work with sales to engage with prospective clients in various activities of the sales funnel - including but not limited to demos, proof of concepts, and discovery workshops
- Partnering and supporting the product owner to guide team to success and maximize value of our services
- Mentor and coach other Agile team members and is seen as a trusted advisor by peers
The Principal Agilist should have established enterprise agile at scale leadership experience with a preferred focus on Atlassian's Jira Align (formerly Agile Craft) or related scaled agile tooling.
- 10 years experience leading enterprise, agile at scale initiatives within a variety of industries
- 5 years experience in the development and delivery of agile focused professional services offerings
- Deep expertise with the principles of agile, agile at scale, and lean development methodologies
- Minimum of 2 years of Jira Align or related agile at scale enterprise software solution such as IBM, Rally, Clarity, VersionOne, AgileCraft
- Proven thought leadership via publications, speaking engagements, and/or other marketing content or collateral
- Must have strong experience using Agile development methodologies within large-scale development programs.Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) experience highly desired.
- Agile Certifications such as CSM or PSM or SAFe SM – At least one Scrum Certification required from Scrum Alliance, Scrum.org, Scruminc.com or SAFe
- Strong Communication skills – Strong English written, and oral skills required
- Facilitation – the art of conducting workshops, retrospectives, assessments, and building relationships between multiple partners and team members
- Training – Ability to create and delivery training sessions
- Techniques to include: Conflict management, story mapping, estimation, Prioritization, Retrospective
- Strong coaching and mentoring skills with the ability to communicate complex messages and teach new concepts
- Multiple technology platforms i.e. transitioning diverse technology teams (JAVA/.NET/Mainframe/Data Warehouse/Web Services/Cloud)
- Experience with Center of Excellence and Communities of Practice governance and operating models
- Ability to build a sense of trust and rapport that creates a sustainable & effective workplace
- Ability to facilitate interactive, executive-level leadership workshops and deliver meaningful feedback and assessments
- Ability to work within an environment where the mindset is shifting from tools-focused solutions with IT Directors to organizational, value-focused solutions driven from C-level executives.
- You are passionate about enabling organizations to change the way they work including how they can turn their agile tooling investments into valued results.